Apple Blossom startup blog

The story of starting a homeschool curriculum software development company.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Working on demo / feature description

I'm working on a demo to showcase the features of Apple Blossom in a slideshow that people can see when they go to the site.

I've decided to get this up before running the adwords campaign.

In other words, I'm going to do some more product development before doing customer development because marketing dollars are scare and I want to have more specific and accurate potential customer feedback.

I'm doing this because I'm gaining confidence in the idea, but I should probably be careful and not get too vested in it, in case it turns out that I'm wrong and it's not what people actually want.

I meant to start out with a series of mockup screenshots, but since I've only got one screen designed (the lesson planner weekly view) I thought I'd throw in some illustrative pictures as well. I'd like to have one more technical slide, but am not sure what that would be.

I posted the draft presentation on the company blog and just now uploaded it to slideshare.



(See previous post as well. It looks like slideshare created it's own.)

I was very pleased with it yesterday, but woke up this morning thinking two things.

1. It's not really a demo, more of a feature list.
2. While it's concise, I think I'd like a more personal and detailed description.

But I don't want to bore people. Here's what I came up with to describe what we are doing at Apple Blossom.

I also want to have a personal introduction describing who we are, by name, and introducing our family and goals.

When someone comes to the AppleBlossomLearning.com website, I want them to come to the conclusion that:



These are real people
with an interesting idea
That might help me

No comments:

Post a Comment